Swedish Massage Training Course
Are you interested in training in Swedish Massage?
You might be thinking about what makes me qualified to provide a fully accredited Swedish Massage Training Course.
Let me tell you…
In early 2019 I gained my Level 3 Award in Education & Training which allows me to teach. I have been working in the massage industry for over 11 years and have experience with a range of different massages and techniques.
The massage industry only allows for you to teach courses you are personally qualified in, meaning technically I can teach over 15 different massage courses. Training courses delivered by me in person are fully accredited by ABT. This means once you have passed and received your certificate, you can become a massage therapist, get insurance, and charge people for the service.
Benefits of Swedish Massage
- Increases blood flow to the muscles
- Reduces pain/discomfort
- Decreases Inflammation
- Decreases sympathetic nervous system
Swedish Massage Techniques
This technique uses a range of different movements to work around the body helping to free up any tension and strain found within the muscles. All of these techniques are covered in my Swedish Massage Training Course
These movements are called:
- Effleurage – Long, gliding strokes
- Petrissage – Kneading the muscles
- Friction – Firm, Circular rubbing moves
- Tapotement – Tapping or percussive movements
- Vibration – Shaking particular muscles
This technique is used in Swedish massage to warm up the muscles before deeper work takes place. It is also used as a transition move between one move to another to keep the flow of the massage. This technique is made up of long, stroking movements which are performed using a flat hand.
This kneading technique applies deep pressure and compresses the underlying muscles.
The moves can be divided into 4 different movements, they are:
- Skin Rolling
- Pick up & Squeeze
These movements are performed with the padded palmar surface of the hand and the surface of the fingers/thumbs. The technique helps to improve blood circulation, and relieve knots/muscle spasms, this then helps with muscular function, due to the applied pressure which is deep and compresses the underlying muscles.
This technique helps to increase circulation and relate tight areas, particularly around the joints where there are adhesions within the muscles and/or tendons. It is applied in massage through the therapist’s fingertips, the movement helps to create heat and helps the muscles to relax.
The technique is rhythmic percussion, which is admitted with the edge of the hand, hands in a cup shape or the tips of the fingers. These movements help to energise, loosen, and relax the muscles and tissues.
This technique is divided onto 4 types:
- Pounding – using the lateral side of the fist, the gentle pounding of the larger muscles using alternative hands a bit like using a boxing punch ball.
- Hacking – have the palms of the hands facing each other, fingers separated, and move the hands in an alternate chopping movement.
- Cupping – the hands are shaped into cups, keeping the fingers together and bending them to form a sort of cup shape using alternative hands, strike the muscles making sure it’s a soft tapping noise rather than a slapping noise.
- Plucking – this is a picking up technique using the tips of the fingers and alternative hands in a motion like you are plucking feathers from a chicken.
- Traction – this technique is only performed on areas of the body after they have been warmed up from the previous techniques above. It helps to stretch out the arms or legs and helps align the body back to a natural posture.
What you will learn in the Swedish Massage Training course
- Principles of Swedish Massage
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Therapist posture
- Different massage mediums
- How to deliver a full body massage
- How to create a bespoke therapy for each client
- How to carry out a medical consultation
- Contra-indications for massage
- Client record keeping
- What equipment you will need to deliver this message
- Basic business know-how
The theory section of the course is completed in your own time in the comfort of your own home. Then the fun begins with two days of hands-on practical sessions in which you will be able to put everything you have learnt into practice.
This course will then allow you to put what you have learnt into practice by that for pleasure or to add to your existing business.
Also coming soon to Essential Thyme Training are:
- Essential Oils Safety & Uses Level 1
- Essential Oils Safety & Uses Level 2
- Pregnancy Massage
- Cupping Massage
- Advanced Massage Techniques